Thursday, April 28, 2005
Highway 150 to Reopen Sunday
State Route 150 (SR-150) between Santa Paula and Ojai, will open Sunday May 1 to traffic. Both directions of traffic will share a single lane in four different locations that will be controlled by signalization.
State Route 33 (SR-33) from Rose Valley Road to Lockwood Valley Road, will remain closed until the end of May. Once the route opens it will also share two way traffic on a single, signalized lane at a yet to be determined number of locations.
Extensive damage was caused to SR-150 and SR-33 during the winter storms. Repairs have been underway since damage was sustained. Complete restoration of the two routes is estimated for winter of 2005/06.
Tuesday, April 26, 2005
Replay of City Council Meetings
Thursday, April 27, 6:00 PM
Sunday, May 1, 1:00 PM
Replay of Tuesday, April 26 Council Meeting:
Wednesday, April 27, 6:00 PM
Sunday, May 1, (at conclusion of replay of Monday's meeting approximately 6:00 PM)
Meetings are televised on Adelphia Cable in Santa Paula on Channel 10.
Monday, April 25, 2005
Vinick Campaign Headquarters Opened
Newsy Items on Tonight's Santa Paula City Council Agenda
1. Update from Dr. Sam Edwards on re-opening of Santa Paula Memorial
2. Consideration of Draft Environmental Impact Report on new water
recycling facility and public works yard. Approval of the EIR is an
important step in this $65 million project which must be completed by end
of 2008 in order to comply with order from Regional Water Quality Control
3. Updates from the Police Department on implementation of management
audit, new Police Department quality of life program to enhance enforcement
on "quality of life" issues and discussion of future of storefront at Las
Friday, April 22, 2005
Meeting on New Hospital Hill Development
Senator Arnold Vinick Presidential Campaign Headquarters
Santa Paula has claimed Senator Vinick (a character on the NBC television program, "The West Wing") as a resident of Santa Paula and is celebrating his campaign for President of the United States with the opening of a campaign headquarters. Santa Paula Mayor Mary Ann Krause will officiate at the opening ceremonies.
For further information, see the campaign website.
Monday, April 18, 2005
Mexican-American Chamber of Commerce Carnival
Santa Paula City Council Tonight
Monday, April 11, 2005
City Council Actions - 04/11/05
2. Approved $58,760 in budget reductions and revenue enhancements to supplement $115,591 in budget changes approved in December, 2004 to create fund for potential salary increases and to help balance a projected $300,000 deficit in the next fiscal year. The City Council did not make any staffing changes in the Police Department.
3. Directed the City Manager to begin investigating a possible public safety tax measure to be placed on a Santa Paula election ballot no earlier than March, 2006.
Railroad Plaza ADA Improvements
The City will begin work on Friday, April 8 installing truncated domes
along the platform area of the Depot. These domes are required for ADA
compliance of the Depot. The City's contractor will be working from 7am -
5pm, seven days a week and anticipate completing the job in 2 1/2 weeks.
Please be aware that it may get quite noisy. The Contractor will be using
the empty parking lot adjacent to the Depot to stage their equipment.
Sunday, April 10, 2005
Newsy Items on Monday's City Council Agenda
2. Consideration of an election for new taxes for Police and/or Fire Department enhancements.
3. Consideration of contract for $48,500 to revise City Parks Master Plan, adopted in 1972.
4. Discussion of benches in the downtown.
Wednesday, April 06, 2005
Bankruptcy Court Approves SPMH Plan
Tuesday, April 05, 2005
Volunteers Needed for Santa Paula Armed Forces Day Dinner - Saturday, May 21, 2005
The City of Santa Paula is looking for volunteers to assist with the
presentation of the Santa Paula Armed Forces Day Dinner on Saturday May 21,
2005 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM at the Masonic Lodge, 102 N. 7th Street.
Armed Forces Day is the annual single holiday for citizens to come together
and thank our military servicemembers for their patriotic service in
support of our country. The event will focus on the men and women of Santa
Paula currently serving in our armed forces. All proceeds from the dinner
will be used to support the City's annual 4th of July fireworks dispaly.
To volunteer to assist with the event, please contact the City of Santa
Paula at 933-4208.
Wrong Photo in Los Angeles Times
County Controlled Burns Upper Ojai this week
County Fire advises they are planning controlled burns during the daytime
hours in the Sisar Road area of Upper Ojai this week.
Tomorrow, April 6, 2005, Santa Barbara Street between Palm Avenue and
Blanchard Street will be closed for asphalt repair work between the hours
of 6:00am until 4:30pm. The North and South bound traffic lanes of Palm
will be pushed towards the east side of Palm using cones. The work zone is
the West side of the Palm Avenue at the Santa Barbara Street cross gutter.
Monday, April 04, 2005
Newsy Items on Tonight's Santa Paula City Council Agenda
1. Conducting a "Town Hall" meeting to allow questions and comments from the public on any issues related to the City.
2. Consider co-sponsorship of a Labor Day Parade to be held here on Saturday September 3, 2005.
3. Receive a presentation from Police Chief Bob Gonzales on Police Department's new "Quality of Life" initiative.
4. Consider sponsorship of a Armed Forces Day Dinner on Saturday May 21, 2005 with proceeds going to City's 4th of July Fireworks display.
5. Consider claiming Senator Arnold Vinick as a resident of Santa Paula and directing the City Manager to do following to support his election as President of the United States (on the NBC television program "The West Wing"): creation of presidential campaign headquarters at the Depot; creation of website and create campaign t-shirts and buttons for sale).
6. Consider creation of volunteer maintenance team program. This program would match homeowners in need of assistance in maintaining their property with volunteers who would help with these efforts.