For questions or additional information, contact the Economic Development Department,

(805) 525-2873 or
by e-mail at

Economic Development Department


Housing in Santa Paula


The City of Santa Paula provides several housing assistance programs, either directly or through various local or state programs. The following will provide a brief description of each, along with a website and/or contact for further information.

Mortgage Credit Certificates
The Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) Program is available for first time homebuyers. MCCs provide tax credits equal to 15 percent of the interest paid on your home. Using an MCC, first-time buyers can save between $700-$2,500 a year on their annual federal tax bill. Interested applications must contact a participating lender to apply. For more information, contact Affordable Housing Applications, Inc. (800) 591-3111 or visit their website at

Housing Rehabilitation Program
The City offers a Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program to assist low-income families make improvements to their home. The program is available for owner-occupied and rental properties. The program offers up to a $50,000 low interest loan and free construction management assistance for home repair or maintenance. Program applications are available at City Offices-Community Development Building or for more information contact the City at (805) 525-0626.

Santa Paula Housing Authority
The Santa Paula Housing Authority administers subsidized rental housing programs in the City of Santa Paula, such as Section 8 vouchers/ certificates and public housing. For more information, contact the Santa Paula Housing Authority:

Santa Paula Housing Authority
15500 W. Telegraph Rd. Ste. B-11.
Santa Paula, CA 93061.
(805) 525-3339



California Housing Finance Agency
CalHFA does not lend money directly to consumers. CalHFA uses approved private lenders to qualify consumers and make all mortgage loans. CalHFA offers different programs for homeownership including, down payment assistance, low interest mortgage financing and other special homeownership programs. For more information contact CalHFA or visit their website below.

California Housing Finance Agency
Homeownership Programs
1121 L Street, 7th Floor, Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 324-8088

The Office of the Mobilehome Ombudsman
The Office of the Mobilehome Ombudsman is a complaint processing Office that primarily assists the public with questions or problems associated with the various aspects of manufactured home (mobilehome) living. This includes complaints with manufactured home dealers, sales, and warranties. This Office also processes complaints associated with other programs under the purview of HCD's Division of Codes and Standards (Registration & Titling, Employee Housing, Manufactured Housing, and State Housing Law).
Mobilehome Residency Law Complaints:

Office of the Mobilehome Ombudsman
P.O. Box 31
Sacramento, CA 95812-0031


Southern California Housing Rights Center
The City of Santa Paula’s residents are provided free fair housing services trough this agency. HRC offers counseling and investigative services for instances of housing discrimination or just to answer questions you may have about your rights as a tenant or landlord.

Southern California Edison and Gas Programs
Low Income Energy Efficiency programs (LIEE) and California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE); California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE)
Visit and


  Search website for: